Archbishop Carroll High School
Summer School Enrollment Information, 2019
Policies—Please Read Before Enrolling
Carroll Students and Rising 8th or 9th Graders: $450 per course
Non-Carroll Students: $475
Book Fees: Textbooks will be available for purchase at the time of registration. The cost is $20-30 per course.
Payment is due at the time of enrollment. Families who take advantage of early enrollment by faxing in an enrollment form can either pay via credit card (Master Card or Visa) by calling the finance office at 202.529.0900, ext. 251, or by mailing the enrollment form with a money order or cashier’s check. Personal checks are not accepted.
Students who enroll on site from June 18 - June 20 can pay with cash, money order, cashier’s check or credit card.
No student will be allowed to start class until the enrollment and book fees are paid.
Any Non-Carroll student who has failed a course must have a written statement on school letterhead signed by counselor/principal for recovery course (s) in order to register.
- Students who withdraw prior to attending classes will receive a refund with a $25.00 deduction.
- After the first two days of class, fees are non-refundable with no exceptions.
- All refund checks will be mailed.
The summer school office reserves the right to cancel any course due to low enrollment. Full refunds will be offered in the event of a cancellation.
Attendance and Discipline
- Students are expected to arrive on time for classes and to leave the premises immediately at the end of their respective classes.
- More than one absence, excused or unexcused, may prevent a student from receiving credit. Truancy will be grounds for dismissal from the program. If a student is tardy for class three times the student will be dismissed from summer school.
- Vacations, travel, job, and prior commitments are not valid excuses for absences. No special arrangements will be made for unexcused absences.
- Students are required to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for warm weather conditions. Any student who dresses inappropriately will be sent home.
- Any participation in drug or alcohol related activities or any other serious infractions would be cause for prompt and immediate dismissal from the program. Smoking is not allowed on school grounds.
- Radios, CD players, iPods, pagers and cell phones are not permitted during class sessions.
- Any student who fails to comply with any and all the rules associated with this program will be referred to the Summer School Director for appropriate action, which may include the student’s being required to withdraw immediately with loss of credit and tuition.
- These policies apply to all courses, whether for enrichment or for credit recovery. Students in enrichment courses who miss class may not be eligible for credit.
- Students may study in the cafeteria while waiting for classes to begin.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Yolanda McKoy at 202.529.0900, ext. 122, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .