A student with a GPA below 2.3 is not considered college-ready by most universities. As a college preparatory school, we must maintain the standards that will help students achieve that goal. Therefore, all students whose quarter or semester GPAs fall below a 2.3, or who have two F’s on a quarter or semester report card, are required to participate in the Academic Support Program. Students in the Program will begin the following term with additional academic support and requirements in place.
The Academic Support Program will provide the following structure:
- Documented weekly check-ins
○ Students must present grades to the Academic Intervention Coordinator on scheduled days.
- Mandated after school tutoring (attendance taken)
○ Students must complete Tutoring Sign-in Sheet during weekly check-in
- Teacher Referrals (attendance taken)
○ Students must report to the Writing Lab and/or Math Lab recommended by their teacher at least once a week for additional support in Math and/or English.