FOOD DRIVE 2016
Our first weekend of the Food Drive is this and Sunday, Nov. 6th at noon. Alumni and friends can get involved in a variety of ways:
DRIVE to help collect food donations.
DONATE NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS.
GROUPS AND ORGANIZATIONS CAN VOLUNTEER (i.e. alumni classes, fraternities, sororities and teams etc.) Please contact the Alumni office 202-529-0900 ext. 171 for more information.
MAKE A DONATION ONLINE. All financial contributions go toward the purchase of supplies Food Drive (turkeys, grocery bags for collections, etc.).
SPONSOR A FAMILY by providing a family basket. We would be so grateful if you (and your friends, family, or alumni class!) would be willing to pack a box filled with groceries and to make a $20 donation for a turkey. Click here for instructions to prepare a box for a family in need. Please contact Stacy Rubens to make arrangements to support a family.
More Dates to Volunteer:
Saturday, November 12, 2016 ()
Sunday, November 13, 2016 ()
Saturday, November 19, 2016 (
Sunday, November 20, 2016 ()
Thank you for your help in sponsoring a family! What a great service to our community this Thanksgiving!
Please follow the instructions below:
1) Get two empty boxes. (One big box is usually too heavy for us to move.)
2) Label the box with the number assigned to you.
3) Fill up box with items listed below. As you put item in box, check off item.
4) Pack the box with love. You may include a few extra items in the box, but do not fill them so heavy that they break or cannot be moved.
5) If you desire, include a card wishing the family a happy thanksgiving!
6) Seal your boxes.
7) Please bring a $20 donation with your name and the assigned box number. We will use this money to purchase a turkey for the family you sponsored.
8) If you have any questions please contact the Alumni Affairs office at 202-529-0900 ext. 171.
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 cans miscellaneous vegetables
- 1 can of beets
- 1 can of carrots
- 1 can of greens
- 2 cans of peas
- 4 cans other beans (pinto, black, kidney)
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 box of jello or pudding
- 1 box of cake/browning mix
- 1 box of cookies or crackers or candy or granola bars
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 2 cans pumpkin or cherry filling
- 1 can of yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 box of stuffing
- 2 boxes of corn muffin mix
- 2 boxes of mac and cheese
- 3 boxes or bags of pasta
- 1 hamburger helper or tuna helper or pasta helper
- 1 entrée (a box or two cans of spaghetti or chili)
- 1 box of cereal or oatmeal or pancake mix
- 1 bag of rice or two boxes of rice
- 1 bag of flour
- 1 bag of sugar
- 1 jar of peanut butter
- 1 jar of jelly
- 1 salad dressing
- 1 ketchup or mayo or mustard or other condiment
- 1 juice or soda
- 1 bottle of oil
- 2 cans/packages of fruit (include applesauce)
- 1 box coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
- 3 cans of tuna
- 2 cans of canned meat
- 1 box of potatoes
- 1 can gravy
- 1 bag of dry beans
- 2 jars or cans of spaghetti sauce (or tomato sauce)
- 6 cans of soup