In recognition of their tremendous achievements, the boys' 4x200m team was voted MileSplit USA’s National Performer of the Week. You can watch the race video by clicking here.
The members of Carroll’s relay team believe their training is beginning to pay off. Although they are extremely pleased with their performance, they have their sights set on accomplishing much more, including solidifying their standing as one of the best teams in the country.
Trent Edgerton ‘08, head coach of the track & field program, has big aspirations for the team. He says, “With the talent that we have, I want to be able to showcase our team nationwide and gain exposure for the school.”
In addition to the 4x200m team, results at the Ice Breaker Invitational consisted of top overall finishes and many more personal best performances from members of Carroll’s track team. Here are some highlights:
* Janoah Syers '19 finish 13th overall in the 60m hurdles in time of 9.98.
* Caleb Jordan '17, also in the 60m hurdles, finished 7th overall with time of 8.81.
* Stedman Cook placed 2nd overall in the 60m dash with a US #14 time of 6.93.
* Laurence King ‘16 Jr (7.33), Caleb Jordan (7.48), Jesse Gardner '17 (7.55), and Bryant Jones '16 (7.65) all finished with personal best in the 60m dash as well.
* Kemi Maye ‘16 (1:00.27) and Kristian McKenzie '17 (1:06.27) competed in the 400m dash.
* Maxwell Willis led the way in the boys' 400m dash finishing 2nd overall with a US #5 time of * 48.34.
* Kendall Leach achieved a new personal best and US #21 time of 49.66.
* Justin Davis '16 (50.49) and Ethan Fogle ‘18 (51.04) also finished with personal best times in the 400m dash.
* Two boys' 4x200m relay teams qualified for Nationals – the 4x200m team A, consisting of Stedman Cook, Maxwell Willis, Justin Davis and Kendall Leach, ran a time of 1:27.54 (current US #1). The 4x200m team B, consisting of Laurence King Jr., Bryant Jones, Caleb Jordan and Ethan Fogle, finished third 3rd overall with a time of 1:32.82.
* Jubril Hall-Robinson '16 (2:05.15) finished seventh in section one of the 800m dash in his season debut.
* The boys' 4x400m team, consisting of Stedman Cook, Kendall Leach, Justin Davis and Maxwell Willis, finished 1st overall with a time of 3:26.09, which was a new Ice Breaker Invitational meet record. The 4x400m team is currently ranked fifth in the nation.
Coach Edgerton feels this is just the beginning. He says, “These guys are hungry and they're humble. As long as they stay healthy and focused on the plan, then big things can be accomplished.”