We are looking for bright, energetic individuals to join us as we help shape the next generation of future leaders. Our community works daily to think critically, creatively, and morally so that we can serve God with purpose. Archbishop Carroll High School is a Catholic, college preparatory, co-educational school in the heart of Washington, DC. We welcome young people and empower them in a diverse, academically rigorous, and supportive learning environment. Our community works daily to think critically, creatively, and morally so that we can serve God with purpose. We are an International Baccalaureate World School and our curriculum aligns to the profile of an IB learner. Please review the job listing(s) below for the current openings.
DIRECTOR OF THE ANNUAL FUND
The Director of the Annual Fund is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive annual giving plan and calendar to increase total annual donations from alumni, current parents, parents of alumni, friends, and faculty and staff, in support of the mission of Archbishop Carroll High School.
This enthusiastic professional will employ a variety of solicitation methods, including direct mail, group presentations, telemarketing, face to face solicitations, formation of committees, e-communications, and other creative uses of technology, and will regularly collaborate with the Vice President for Advancement, Director of Alumni and Constituent Affairs, and Director of Communications and Marketing, to develop annual solicitation strategies and materials.
The Director is able to articulate and promote annual giving strategies to all constituents; define and meet specific annual fund goals; provide written reports for scholarship donors; build relationships with volunteer committee members and service providers; and be available to work limited evenings and weekends.
The Director of the Annual Fund reports to the Vice President for Advancement.
- Create, implement and evaluate a comprehensive, fiscal year (July 1-June 30) plan to maximize donor participation and dollars raised in support of Archbishop Carroll High School’s Annual Fund.
- Research, draft, and write solicitation materials and scholarship reports.
- Prepare periodic informational and statistical reports for review.
- Propose and implement new ideas to improve all aspects of giving to Archbishop Carroll High School.
- Manage and support specific event-driven fundraising activities and special initiatives of the school’s Advancement Office.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Development staff, students and parents, parents, and volunteers in developing goals, objectives and strategies that maximize opportunities for annual giving.
- Evening and weekend event work in support of Advancement Office goals and objectives.
- Regular lifting and moving of items weighing up to 35 pounds.
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of two years development experience, or related field, and demonstrated track record in fundraising.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with school colleagues, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, mail merges, email and web searches, and Google Docs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Archbishop Carroll seeks part-time and as needed Substitute teachers for all subjects for the 2016-17 school year.
Role and Responsibilities
* Execute lesson plans provided by teacher
* Maintain a classroom culture built on respect, growth, and love of learning
* Communicate effectively students, teachers, and administrators
* Support the Catholic identity of the school
* Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- * Has at least a Bachelor's degree
* Has teaching experience, preferably in an urban, high school setting.
- Archbishop Carroll seeks part-time and as needed Substitute teachers for all subjects for the 2016-17 school year. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Katy Dunn, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Archbishop Carroll High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.